Post Review

After our review Monday, we got a lot of positive feedback and also found plenty of things we need to put more work into. We’ve narrowed our materials down for the exterior, interior, and roof. We seem to be leaning in the direction of T1-11 plywood siding for the exterior, and PBR for the roof. As for the interior were thinking of using FRP or some type of melamine surface. The FRP is a commonly used kitchen interior and can be found in the Crop Stop 1 cooler; however the melamine surface, I feel, would be better for the crop stop because it also provides a clean and wipeable and it is much easier to install than the FRP panels. We built a mock-up today in studio to test the melamine surface and the trim that will be placed between the panels to seal the gap (You can view that in the attached pictures). We also are looking into a corner mold made to work with the melamine. We’ve made a lot of progress this past week working on the design phase for the first time this semester. With that being said, we still have a lot of work to do to meet our deadline to turn in the construction documents to our engineer.

IMG_0296 IMG_0295

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: