The arms finally erect with ease!

By adding a short tail on the upper arms and winching to it from around the base point, we were able to more elegantly erect the arms smoothly and together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYY6mP4Zr_E&feature=youtube_gdata_player We are so grateful that these minor design changes are producing major results. In the above video, we used an 18v makita drill driver [...]

Project one is complete!

So as you know, this has been one hell of a week for all of u's but it's 10:14pm and I'm lying in Marion square looking at our "completed" structure for project one. I put that in quotes because we still need to finalize some wiring on a less temporary basis. It does look great [...]

And the Winner is…

Ok...  So to rehash what's been going on up to this point, we each came up with an individual idea last week.  Those were narrowed down to 4 concepts on which we all teamed up on to work on further as groups.  (By "all" and "groups", of course, I'm referring to the first three concepts, [...]