Building the mock up has been so critical in understanding how we’re actually going to build the pavilion. We have figured out what works, what doesn’t work, and what we need to change for the pavilion. Without the mockup, I think the build later would be a disaster.
We have been pushing to finish this mock up by the end of the day, but unfortunately daylight savings, electricity, and our forgetful minds were working against us. We had all of the roof, column and bench pieces painted and ready to be assembled last night, so we began pre-assembling the bench and roof pieces to ease construction on site later. By the time we finally got to the site, it was beginning to get dark, we could not get any power to the site for the power tools, and we forgot some of the pieces in the wood shop. In the end, we did not get as much done as we had hoped, but should be able to finish up pretty quickly tomorrow- if it doesn’t rain!